Monday, September 28, 2009

club med bintan trip

Last week, daddy and mommy took long leave and brought me to our first overseas trip as a family ever. It supposed to be a relaxing trip, but turned out to be quite taxing for both daddy and mommy.

First, the packing is a big headache. Being KS parents, mommy brought extra set of clothes, my medicine in case I fall sick, whole tin of 400g milk powder and several packs of pigeon instant porridge to standby and one big pack of pampers + pull-ups + swimming diapers, on top of my other daily necessities. My luggage alone oredi took up half of the space. On top of tat, daddy is scared I am not used to sleep in the cot the hotel provided, he went to nanny’s place to get my playpen and brot along!

at the singapore ferry terminal, waiting to board.

on the ferry.. mommy trying to self-take.


On the way there, I was quite a good boy, although it’s the first time I took ferry, the sleep bug soon overtook me and I slept during the journey. On arrival, there was a long queue in front of the counter with luggage littered around and the bus was so crowded with guests, lucky daddy sang songs to keep me entertained during the bus ride to resort.

reaching bintan!
crowded bus ride to the resort.

it was raining heavily when we reached the resort.

Upon reaching the resort, we first settled in the room then we went for a quick hi-tea at the restaurant. sensing I should be tired over the journey, we headed back to the room for me to take a nap and mommy can continue to unpack. Maybe I was really tired, I slept all the way to 7plus Sin time (6plus bintan time). So when we dressed up and did some preparation time, it was time for dinner! Well, I turned out to be quite a notti boy, maybe I was too excited seeing so many diff pple altogether, I only ate abit of the porridge the restaurant made for me and refused to eat anymore of other food. end up mommy had to stuff me with a bottle of milk to quiet me down. Daddy and mommy quickly rushed to finish their own dinner and we had to head back to the room for me to get showered changed and ready for bed again. .
our room... my cot is on the right side. but it end up used as a storage space.

Well, tat proved to be only the beginning. Over the rest of the stay there, I only behaved myself during breakfast where there was jap seaweed (my new fav for this trip, I only allow this to go in my mouth), pancake, bread, plain porridge with grilled fish. As for lunch and dinner…. Hmm… I simply refused to eat and wanted to come down from the highchair and walked around. If mommy persisted, I screamed and cried until the other tables all looked at us. Hmmm.. tat’s from daddy and mommy’s eyes, to me, I just want to explore the new places and make friends, food comes secondary to me. anw there is milk mah. When I saw other kids around, I would walk up to them and observe, maybe hinting them “can I play with you?”
drinking the pigeon juice mommy brot there during breakie on the 2nd day.

ready to hit the pool


my hippo float.. cost a whopping SGD14 cos lazy mommy and daddy dun want to deflate the lion float at home and bring along the pump.


So for the 4 days and 3 nites there, we only managed to go to the swimming pool twice, went to the beach once as I was scared and didn’t dare to walk on the sands. Other time, the routine was like morning wake up – breakfast – shower and change – morning nap – lunch – play a while – afternoon nap – dinner – zzz again. Although I am small, I dictated the day and the two adults revolved around me.

As for the resort, mommy felt, it didn’t turn out as good as she initially thot maybe partly is cos of me (shy…). Though it’s baby friendly as they provide cot, sterilizer, food warmer and there is a baby corner at the restaurant with jar food and other stuff, there isn’t much activities for small babies below 2 like me. there is no baby pool , the shallowest pool is 1m and there is no playground like slide or whatever for me to play. The room is quite good with resort feeling. Although we booked the seaview supreme room but the view is blocked by the trees as we were on the ground floor. Service was above average, maybe too good as most of the time, our table was cleaned up for the next guest even though we just went to the food area to get food together and there was no one to man the table.
spot check by the coast guard on the ferry back.

Maybe I will become more dong shi as I grow up and the trip will be more enjoyable then?

No comments: