Sunday, August 9, 2009

SICK again…

It all started with mommy with blocked nose and phlegm in her throat… while mommy didn’t show any other symptoms, the bug was too strong for me.

I started with simple cough and a bit runny nose. So daddy and mommy quickly brought me to PD’s clinic in view of current situation of H1N1, it’s better to cure it early.


Who knows, the medicine didn’t work for me and the cough started becoming chesty and with a lot of phlegm. While the pd said throwing up is better since I dunno how to spit out the phlegm, it’s really very heart wrenching for daddy and mommy to see me merlion every now and then.

daddy and mommy brought me back to the PD on Saturday morning (25Jul). the PD suggested to do nebulizer once in the clinic, but given my previous exp, daddy and mommy quickly rejected the idea. So he changed my medicine to a stronger one…
Instead of getting better, I started to develop fever over the weekend. Daddy and mommy actually brought me to the TMC 24 hour clinic on Sunday nite, but looking at the long queue and with every visitor has to wear a mask, we eventually returned home without seeing the doc. Monday morning, daddy and mommy brought me back to the PD and this time there is no escape for me.. I have to be on nebulizer every 4hourly and again my medication was changed.
i am so used to the nebulizer tat i bit the tube...






So over the next two days before the review on Thursday, daddy and mommy took pains to come to the nanny’s place to do nebulizer for me during lunch time. And during mid nite, to pei me watch Barney at 2am and did the nebulizer at the same time.

When Thursday came and me didn’t seem to be any better, the doc suggested to continue with the nebulizer and monitored over the weekend, if not have to send to kk for H1N1 testing. mommy really had the urge to send me there straight away, but then would it be better for me? surely there will be a lot of sick kids around at the A&E, with the infamous long queue and inexperienced doctors, would it do more harm than good for me to go there? Scarly I catch another virus there? So in the end, mommy just shelve the idea.

The cough seems to drag on for a longer period now. And I have “successfully” passed the virus to daddy with daddy falling sick with the same symptoms. But daddy has to go to KL for a conference on Sunday evening. Sigh.. hope both of us recover fast.


tat's how much medicine i have accumulated over the last two + weeks!




Monday came with the scheduled review with doctor again, although the cough seems to be less frequent now, it still has a bit linger on. so the doc suggest to go on with the medicine, but no need to continue with the nebulizer and if I dun get better by weekend, then I have to go thru further test. But mommy feels it’s better for me to do it now rather than wait… so off we go to tmc to do the test.

Then there is a bit of confusion over there, the nurse at the clinic told mommy to go to the lab at tmc. So mommy went straight to the lab on the 4th floor. The staff saw the request form and said ‘we dun have the facilities here to do the test” with a few phone calls we actually supposed to go to the 24 hour family clinic on the 1st level.

Luckily wai gong came to accompany us. Cos the test is supposed to extract out my phlegm for culture test… the nurse said I better dun drink or eat.. but mommy smuggled some soy bean milk and pancake for me cos I am hungry liao and it’s my feeding time.

When it’s my turn, mommy carried me to the procedure room. The nurse asked mommy to put me on the bed… at first I am still curious and looking around then the nurse drew the curtain and asked mommy to wait outside.. then I started to become scary liao..
Mommy didn’t know what the nurse did to me, but she can hear my cries even standing outside.. sigh…

Mommy’s note: I think it’s better for me to stay outside, if I am in, I sure will break down and cry with Darren and snatch him away from the nurse. Even now when I think back, my eyes will still be damp…my poor baby… hope the worst is over.



P.S. after the two days culture test, the test result showed tat there are two germs inside me.. no wonder i took so long to recover... now i am under house arrest until i fully recover...


see... i am quite busy at home actually... tat's my lap top..



or do exercise by pushing chair around?

No comments: