Saturday, August 8, 2009

new updates

Mommy is getting lazy. She hasn’t really updated anything while I was making tremendous development in my own way…

At the end of 13mths.. going on to 14mths….what I can do at the moment.

1) climb to standing position with support, be it coffee table, tv cabinet, kitchen glass door, or simply a flat wall. I am able to pull myself to standing position with little support.
2) Walk with support or in another word “cruising”, along the coffee table, bench, tv cabinet, or while pushing the plastic stool in the bedroom. Recently I can walk a few steps while just holding one hand from mommy.
up to some mischief

3) Prefer to standing than sitting now which make bath time especially difficult. So sometimes mommy would do showering instead.
4) Like to use my finger to poke into small holes? Mommy presumes tat I am trying to practice my fine motor skills when I poke at her nostril and try to lift up her lips.
5) Loves to see myself in the mirror and laugh aloud. With a touch and a kiss too.
6) Able to babble a lot.. but still cannot make a word out of it. still waiting for the magic moment to call papa (dada) or mama, in whatever form.
7) Knows how to throw tantrum by screaming aloud. if taking away whatever I am holding, I will scream on top of my lung until the adults give in to me.
only quiet moment tat i can sit still is to watch my fav barney.

8) Can hold my own bottle but lazy. If mommy insists on putting my hand around the bottle, I can hold for a while. But after, I just drop the hand to roll my shirt or playing other stuff
9) Knows how to refuse food. I am no longer the big eater which just gobbled down everything stuff inside my mouth. If I dun like, I will use my hand to push away and scream to show my unhappiness. Even if I am hungry, now I will take longer to finish my food.

Last night (2nd jul) mommy is so happy over my improvments, it seems I have grown up a lot just over one night.

After wiping pipi after poo poo, I climbed down the sofa (where the changing mat is) all by myself in the correct manner – turned over and legs down first). Then I stood up using the support by the back of my yellow chair and walked around the whole living room by pushing it.

Then on the coffee table, there is a container with raisin and peanuts. Now I know how to hold it if I want to eat the raisins inside. Then mommy will open and feed me some raisins. Once I finished, I will look at her again, and she know it’s time for 2nd one. but sometimes, mommy refused to give me more cos it’s too sweet for me. And I just went back to my gerber star on the table instead of making a big fuss. I am a big boy now.

As for the gerber star, I am getting better at it by opening the lid using my teeth. That was an old trick I learned long long ago. The new one would be I know how to tilt the container and shake it a bit so the stars can come out.. and mommy always says “one at a time” so I just put my hand inside and take one only and put inside my mouth. See I understand instruction now. But occasionally , I still like to tilt the container all the way and all the gerber stars came out, yippee tat’s a “gerber star feast” for me.

my fav gerber star

No comments: