Saturday, November 21, 2009

my first day in childcare

This is a new milestone for me! on the 2nd week i turned 18mth, i started attending childcare.

the childcare centre is just downstairs mommy's office building. so for the first day (16 nov) mommy was with me. initially i was alrite when daddy and mommy brought me for tea first. when we stepped in the centre, i was busy looking at the fish tank at the recep area. there was another new friend joining on the same date. then mommy started to remove my shoes, and there is an auntie (the principal) holding the thermometer and tried to check my hands and feet, i started to sense something wrong and started crying.

on the mrt with daddy. although got a nice lady to give us seat, i was too active to sit down quietly.


at the recep area
mommy assured me everything is alrite and would be with me all the time. so we joined the class. when i saw all the little friends in the same class, i sort of quietened down a bit. the first activity is the outdoor play. then when we were putting on shoes again, and i saw pple walking in and out of the door, i was crying so hard and cling on the door, waiting for any chance to run away. the teacher held out a rope with little circle on it and asked each of us holding the hole, but i refused to and was wandering around myself. it was really dangerous at one time tat i almost walked off. lucky mommy was around to carry me. then it started to drizzle a bit, so the teacher called off the outdoor play and returned to the centre. all along i was crying, especially so when we were on the way back.

at the junior tots' class, i was observing and getting myself familiarise with the place.

it seems i wasn't ready to mix yet... end up i was playing with the rubbish bin myself

on the way to outdoor play, see i almost wandered off myself.

mommy guessed i was hungry cos i usually drink a bottle of milk around 9plus to 10am. so once reached the centre, mommy made a bottle of milk for me. just after a while after finishing the milk, it's lunch time for the junior tots. we went to the eating area and all sat down on the chair by the table. the teacher was scooping rice for everyone and placed the bowl with spoon for each of us. wow, most of my frenz know how to feed themselves, but not me. so mommy fed me and i finished two bowls.


tat's wat's left at the end of two bowls. but anw. one bowl doesn't mean full bowl. at most half filled. so i wasn't eating alot acutally.

then it's shower time, i was reluctant at first, but once i saw the water i was busy playing with it. maybe i was tired, i soon fell asleep when mommy put me on the mattress after the shower.

but i didn't sleep for long, mommy was called back from lunch by the teacher cos i was crying after waking up. when mommy finally came, i was carried by the teacher at the lift lobbying waiting for mommy.
so mommy was accompanying me at the eating area cos the rest of the kids were still taking nap. and there was a teacher accompany the early risers and we read story books and played toys while waiting for others to wake up.

soon the light lit up and it was time for teabreak and i was able to finish two servings of cakes. then my fav segment of the day, the chinese story telling... while the other kids fidgeting around, i really paid attention to the teacher. i only fussed while waiting for other kids to do the painting.


i wasn't really interested in the gym play either, end up i took the toys and played all by myself.

well, after tat i got hooked on with playing with water in the kids' toilet. i kept going in while the rest were still eating.

then it's the chinese time with a chinese teacher telling story. tat seemed to be the only time i really quieten down and paid attention. and mommy can finally sit there resting.

tat's the chinese story telling time.

soon it was dinner time and i ate another two bowls of macaroni. then we changed pampers and went home!

guess i was really tired from the day. i knocked off at 9pm at the nite.
















No comments: