Sunday, November 1, 2009

my 1st swimming at Bishan swimming complex

well, the bishan swimming complex is actually only 10 min away by walking from our home, but yesterday was the 1st time ever i visited there.... and on mommy's impulse.


i supposed to go for my first GUG lesson after one term's rest. in fact, we reached earlier and mommy paid money for the term and also filled up the withdrawal form since i am going to start childcare soon.


when mommy carried me into the class, i looked quite timid and remained quiet. in fact, i didn't even touch the toys on the floor. then other babies started to come in. all look smaller and younger than me. then i started to feel uneasy. so even mommy ensured me tat she will be around, i started crying when the teacher started counnting names. so mommy had to bring me to the corner and gave me some biscuits to quieten me down.


then we rejoined the group and we started singing the "good afternoon song", but i started crying again upon hearing and this time the biscuit also didn't help. mommy had to bring me outside cos i was disturbing the class. everybody was looking at me. oooppsss, i felt a bit embarrassed as i am the oldest yet, all the didi and mei mei were looking at me crying.


outside the class, i still couldnt' be pacified even with the pacifier. i cried louder and louder. with no sign of quietening down anytime, mommy had to go back to the class to take back my bag. once reaching the door, my cries are even louder. so mommy called daddy to come back so that he can hold me while mommy make milk. even half way thru the milk , i cried when daddy said i am a naughty boy.


mommy thot i was cranky cos of hunger and it's almost time for my nap (my nap time has become haywired recently, for the past few weekends, it's been 2-3pm), so they decided to skip the lesson and brought me home.


who knows, upon reaching home, all my sleepiness was gone! i was walking and climbing all over again. daddy & mommy were exasperated and tired. so mommy said " let's go swimming" as teh last resort, and in hope tat the exercise would tire me out. we changed and within 15 min, we were at the swimming complex!


we went to the "wading pool" which was only 0.45m deep and i can stand with the water only at my waist! yippee, the pool was not crowded with only a few other kids playing around. so i happily walked around with daddy or mommy holding my hand. after i gained more confidence, i even attempted to walk on my own. but i got my first taste of swimming pool water when i slipped and lost my balance.


i really like the pool cos i cried in protest when daddy and mommy brought me up and said "no more". but my cries soon died down when we went to the snack area and my mouth stuffed with chicken nuggets and fish balls. and i even finished 3/4 tin of milo.


i think i definitely look forward of our next trip here and of course the little teat of junk food after the swim.


and i finally knocked out after i changed, showered, watched one espisode of barney and finished one bowl of porridge at 6pm! Gasped...

No comments: