Saturday, December 5, 2009

the final decision

just after one week in childcare, daddy was so heartache cos i cried every morning when they dropped me off and thus, my voice became hoarse. and i fell sick with cough & runny nose during the weekend. no choice, daddy & mommy had to send me back to nanny for me to recover since they stil need to go to work

maybe it's a blessing in disguise cos it gave the opportunity for daddy & mommy to think hard abt the childcare arrangement and source for alternatives. and so happen there is a new childcare centre opening soon near our home. then daddy thot of a good idea, to put me in the new childcare centre but since it closes at 7pm and both daddy and mommy work late, they had made the arrangement with the nanny to pick me up at 5pm + and then they go to the nanny's to fetch me home after they knock off.

but the plan fell through as the childcare was full and i couldn't get in. so after much deliberations, they have decided to bring me back to the one at mommy's office.

well. firstly cos barely after a few days at the centre, almost all the staff have known my name (maybe cos i cried the loudest) and being new, almost all the teachers have carried me to pacify me.

secondly, also cos i started to settle down day by day. now i cried less in the morning. and in the evening, when daddy & mommy pick me up, i dun cry anymore. and i also started to learn things. just the other day, the teacher told mommy tat i am able to feed myself now and i fed myself 3 bowls of macaroi for dinner. wat an achievement after effectively being in the centre for just a bit over one week.

and the teacher also started to notice my preference in reading letters, words and numbers. in fact the chinese teacher told mommy, i am the only one paying attention when she sings chinese rhymes and songs while the rest of the kids are busying playing and fidgeting.

i am sure i can learn more in the childcare and start being independent.

No comments: