Saturday, November 14, 2009

Me at 18mths

Time really flies and I am oredi 18mths. Mommy always says I am a big boy now and so I realized.


These are some new things I know when I am 18mths
1) love to point at numbers, and can say 1, 2, 3. 4 (pronounced as “sss” ) in mandarin.
2) Know how to put smaller thing into a bigger one.
3) Know how to hide an item and later find myself
4) Point to nose, head, ear when asked. Still point to nose when asked mouth or eyes which often gives mommy a good laugh.
5) Love to imitate adults like talking on the phone., will climb up to the sofa and take the phone and try to press and put beside the ear
6) Start to help out with the household chores, like this morning, I took the hanger mommy left on the bed after changing and walk to the door where are the hangers are and put back
7) Know how to wash myself during shower time, when asked “wash your body?” I will rub my hands up and down the tummy
8) Can say simple words like “car” and “star” (pronounced as “dar” and will do the open-close of the hand action) and the Chinese character “da”. Will try to imitate the sound when the adults pronounce, like ice-cream as “ai-sss-kree” and vegetables as “gee..” antique car as “tee-kar”.
9) Can pronounce letters A, B, D , E, G,H,K, L,O, R. S, T, and V.
10) Know how to throw tantrum when unhappy, esp when daddy or mommy says “no” when I am doing something. Either I will stomp my feet on the floor and start to cry. Or when daddy carries me up and I start kicking my legs in the air which daddy calls “air-walking”. For example, this morning, I was playing with daddy’s water bottle on the coffee table, mommy opened it and let me drink. Then it caught my fascination and I started to try to put back the cap back then opened it again, put my fingers inside and played with water. When mommy closed the water bottle and try to put away, I started to cry and stomped my feet.
11) Knows how to dance when hearing music from TV or when daddy and mommy say “Darren dance”.

The list goes on and on with new surprises every day.

Well all these small and little things mark my tremendous growth from a baby to a toddler and started to gain independence as a “self”. Mommy definitely misses the days when Darren was just a baby and needed constant attention. But she can’t be helped but feel proud when Darren can perform a small task himself and grow into a happy toddler.


new yoga pose

happy 18mth to me

No comments: