Sunday, December 7, 2008

Baby Darren is Sick

Today (24 Nov 2008) daddy and mommy brought me for the review cos for the past week, I was down with urinary tract infection and was on antibiotics. It all started on last Monday morning at 230am, i cannot fall asleep cos I felt warm even in the aircon room. So I tossed and turned and kicked away my blanket… mommy woke up several times to pull the blanket back…but I was still fidgeting away and felt so uncomfortable that I started to yee yee orh orh… then mommy must have sensed something wrong with me cos she took the thermometer to measure my temperature… oh it’s 37.9. she gave me one dose of the paracetamol and put the cooling gel pad on my forehead. Daddy was saying to rush me to the hospital, but mommy said to monitor first. After the medicine, I was still tossing around, but after a while, I guessed I was just too tired, so I finally fell back to sleep.

In the morning, the temperature shot up to 38 degree again, daddy and mommy quickly dressed up and rushed me to the paediatrician. After a few questions by the doctor, he asked the nurse to do a urine test for me. As I am only a baby and has no control over when I want to pee, the nurse put a little plastic bag around there and ask mommy to monitor… so now we just had to wait for me to pee.
me with the gel pad stuck on my forehead.


Meanwhile, it’s past my nap time liao and I really felt sleepy but cannot sleep. So I screamed to show my unhappiness. Mommy, daddy and auntie, no choice have to take turn to carry me walk walk.

Finally I pee-ed. And mommy called the nurse to do the test for me. She did the dipstick test twice and confirmed it’s urinary tract infection. So we went to see the doctor again, he gave me the antibiotic and fever medicine. For the rest of the week, mommy used the syringe to inject the antibiotic into my mouth… but I dun like the medicine even it’s syrup with strawberry flavor.. I always spit out the medicine… mommy is the bad guy who is holding the syringe… when I see her, I know she is going to feed me the awful medicine.

Luckily it only lasted for one week. At the review today, the urine test is clear… yippee.. but as a precaution, dr suggested to do kidney ultrasound and MCU… I dun understand all those jargons but mommy has heard of MCU before as one of the aunties in the forum has posted the procedure before and is painful...

Sigh… more tests for me…


my new stunt

No comments: