Saturday, October 24, 2009

worst fall so far

It looked like any normal day… daddy and mommy picked me up from the nanny’s , then we went home, had dinner and then mommy played with me. then I started walking around and mommy followed.. and suddenly she started to make heavy footsteps like what we used to play, then I shrieked in excitement and started to walk faster and almost ran..

Out of sudden, I fell in my face on the floor and started wailing loudly in pain. Mommy quickly picked me up from the floor, then she realized there were drops of blood on t-shirt. I was rubbing my face and still crying, then mommy removed my hands and saw blooding coming out from lips. The teeth must have cut the lips when I fell. Mommy suddenly remembered mommies on the forum said tat sugar can stop bleeding and called out daddy to take sugar from kitchen and rubbed some on my lips.

Realizing something on my lips, I started to lick and found it’s sweet and finally stopped crying. Daddy was angry with mommy for chasing me and asked her to pack and send me to the doctor’s.

By the time we reached TMC 24hr clinic, I was playing as usual. but daddy said cannot let me walk on my own for the time being. But the queue was so long, after waiting for some time and seeing me behaving normally, daddy decided to go back home.

Well, little expected the wound to grow worse over the days. First, it started to become swollen, then there were some whitish pus appearing. There are two wounds actually, one on the outer lips and the other was more inside nearer to the gums. At nite, I always cried out loudly in pain cos the skin broke and started bleeding. In fact, it got so bad tat I refused to take my pacifier in the middle of the nite and there was blood stains on the bedsheet.
the picture is not very clear after shrinking, but still can see tat the lips is swollen and the whitish pus on it.

Together with the fever after taking the MMR jab, daddy & mommy were not sure whether the fever came from the jab or the pus on the lips. So we still went to see the doc at TMC 24 hours, took the antibiotics and some cream to apply on the lips. While the fever didn’t subside over the weekend and the wound on the lips still looking grossly big, we went to see the PD on Monday and he changed the cream to an oral drip for ulcer to aide the wound to heal faster.

No comments: