Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the unlucky March



first of all, my left big toe got infected.




i woke up one day with fever, daddy and mommy decided to monitor first and still sent me to the nanny's, but in the afternoon, the nanny called mommy as the fever has not subsided. so mommy quickly rushed back from office and brought me to the doctor's. but the doctor was also puzzled as there was no other symptoms. so daddy agreed to have the blood test to see what's wrong. the doctor poked me at the back of the hand and squeezed out the blood. i cried and struggled. yet he said there was not enough blood. so i cried and pained for nothing! hrmmp...




the next day, nanny saw that my toe was red and there was some pus. then mommy remembered that a few days ago, the nail chipped and could have cut into the toe and the bacteria went inside. so daddy and mommy brought me to see doc again. and this time, the doc said i have to be on antibiotics (AGAIN) and apply cream on the toe to make sure the infection won't go further in.





tat's how my toe looked like after applying the cream.


then just a few days after the toe incident, i started coughing. at first mommy thot maybe my throat is dry as i sleep in aircon room. or maybe i used my finger dig inside the mouth and choke. but the cough got worse and i threw up one whole feed of milk on saturday nite.


so on Sunday (22 Mar), they decided to bring me to see doc. the doc listened from my back and said i got bronchitis! that's really shocking... so he said i need to rent the nebulizer to breathe in the medicine. u know the thing they do for asthma kids. i secretly hoped before i never have to use that when i saw other kids doing at the clinic.


so the nurse did once for me at the clinic, i am so scared by the mask putting on my face. and daddy was holding me so tightly.. what the adults are trying to do to me??? i want to run away. so i struggled and struggled. but they kept me still. i cried and mommy cried too...


but who knows, my ordeal has not ended. since the doc said i have to rent the machine, and i have to do it three times a day at home. and mommy counted, besides this, i got another 4 kinds of medicine to eat. plus the antibiotics that i have to finish. tat's 5 altogether.


and the bill for that ordeal??? a whopping 280... sigh....



mommy on the "your baby can read" vcd to distract me. can u see the smoke coming out from the mask?

i hope i will never be sick again.

No comments: